<< ROTATING EQUIPMENT ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS AND SERVICES
TURBO COMPRESSION PIPELINE STATIONS
PLANT LOCATION: CHINA – VARIUS SITE LOCATION ALONG PIPELINE
West-East Gas Pipeline Project (WEPP) is one of the major natural gas transmission projects intended for the development of the western regions in China.
The project involves construction for gas pipelines connecting the eastern markets of China with the western resources to allow mutual and sustainable development.
Each station is composed by two GE PGT25 + S.A.C. Gas Turbine with Centrifugal Compressor and one station by two Electric Motor + Centrifugal Compressor.
SSE was involved in the project supplying control panels for eleven compressors station.
Turbine Control Panel manages:
- Gas Turbine Speed/Load control through fuel control.
- Start and stop sequences.
- Emergency shutdown and primary protections (as overspeed protection) using dedicated devices.
- Auxiliaries sequences control.
- Process plant control and process valves control.
There are two control system installed on TCP.
GE MarkVIe (TMR configuration) dedicated for turbocompressor controls unit and PLC GE Fanuc 9070 (GMR configuration) that manages the critical trips involved in safe and it’s intended as Emergency Shutdown System.
MarkVIe TMR control system manages process plant regulation as Load Sharing and centrifugal compressor protection, as Anti Surge algorithm.
|SUPPLY||Twentytwo Unit Control Panel to control compressors driven by gas turbines or motocompressor.|
|CONTROLLER||GE Mark VIe and PLC GE Fanuc 9070.|
|SUPERVISION||General Electric Cimplicity SCADA system.|
SSE operates in the field of industrial control solutions and undertakes the design, software development, production and commissioning of Control & Supervisory Systems for the Oil & Gas and Power Generation Industries. SSE main task is to provide and service Control and Supervisory Systems for rotating machinery and associated auxiliary systems.
The controller normally used in these applications is the PLC.
Following the list of PLC generally used in our applications:
- General Electric Intelligent Platform – 90/30, 90/70, Rx3i, Rx7i series
- Siemens – 300, 400H, 400HF series
- Rockwell Automation – RsLogix 5000 series, PlantPax
- Foxboro – Triconex, Trident
- Telemecanique – Premium
- HIMA – Himax
- Woodward – Micronet plus, regolatori 505, 5009
Anyway, on gas turbine control applications, dedicated PLC are normally used:
- General Electric – MarkVIe
- General Electric – MarkVI
- General Electric – MarkV,
- Woodward – Micronet plus
At least one HMI (Human Machine Interface) is normally developped for control panel.
SSE make use of SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) supervision software to develop HMI. Following the main supervision software used:
- General Electric – Cimplicity
- Siemens – Wincc
- Rockwell Automation – RsView, FactoryTalk
- Intouch – Wonderware
- Integrated system to control machine and to manage the safe signals.
- Synchronization phase managed by Control Panel
- Cost Reduction
- Less need for panel installation space in control room