SSE IS A PLASTIC FREE AMBASSADOR
SSE, starting from 22nd July 2020, becomes ambassador of the Plastic Free campaign, supporting with enthusiasm the initiative “#Io sono ambiente”, a project launched by the Italian Ministry of the Environment and promoted throughout Italy for the reduction of the use of disposable plastics and non-recyclable packaging.
During the year 2020, SSE implemented the measures expected by the Ministry of the Environment to be “Plastic free” and in particular, the following “virtuous” behaviors:
- Application of the “4 R rule” (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover);
- Replacement, in vending machines, of plastic bottles with cans;
- Replacement, in vending machines, of disposable plastic objects such as glasses, spoons, straws and plastic stirrers with paper products and coffee stirrers;
- Invitation to the company staff to use the tap water dispensers connected to the water supply;
• Supply to all members of the SSE Plastic Free community of customized water bottle, in aluminum, to consume hot and cold drinks;• Installation of a coffee machine that does not use coffee pods, but grinds coffee beans;• Invitation to company staff who want to use the coffee grinder machine referred to in the previous point, to use a personal ceramic cup;• Use of cardboard folders to collect documents and request to reuse plastic folders;• Promotion of awareness actions on the importance of reducing pollution, such as the collection of plastic caps as a donation to the “Fabio Jonathan Onlus association” aimed at building a school in Sri Lanka.
To join the SSE Plastic Free community scan the QR code.
For further information about the Plastic Free campaign launched by the Italian Ministry of the Environment visit the website https://www.minambiente.it/pagina/io-sono-ambiente-linee-guida-e-materiali-plastic-free